The interest of this Action for end users will be demonstrated by the inclusion of crime, illicit drug and health organizations within the Action’s networking activities. It is a main aim of this Action to foster the transfer of innovative technologies to full-scale applications. National health, illicit drug and crime agencies and public authorities will exploit the results, nationally and internationally. As side-benefit water companies will obtain information on the communities that they serve (their customers). The following target groups and end users will be addressed/ reached by this Action:
- Scientists involved in the analytical and technological research of human biomarkers in sewage.
- Scientists with an interest in health, drug and environmental epidemiology at the community level.
- Public servants, politicians and other decision makers involved in the broader scope of illicit drugs, crime and health, globally (UNODC; World Health Organisation), across Europe (EMCDDA, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, The Executive Agency for Health and Consumers) nationally and locally.
- The non-scientific community (interested public and non-governmental organisations).
- Representatives from local authorities, public, social and clinical sectors involved in the drug prevention.
- Law enforcement (police) authorities, customs officials and criminologists.