Each applicant would need to apply through the e-cost website. Some rules regarding registration and financial support are listed below and you can find the details in the COST Vademecum (chapter 7, page 38).
Trainees eligible for reimbursement:
- Trainees from COST countries;
- Trainees from approved NNC institutions;
- Trainees from approved European RTD Organisations.
The MC of the Action decides the financial contribution for Trainees attending a Training School. This decision must be based on the following rules:
- The reimbursement rate per day is EUR 160 maximum;
- Up to EUR 300 may be attributed for the travel expenses;
- A maximum grant of EUR 1 500 can be awarded;
- Grant for Trainees can vary depending on the country of the Trainees (e.g. Domestic, near countries, far countries);
- Prior the Training School, the trainees must register on e-COST:
Before the respective Training School takes place, each trainee entitled to reimbursement must receive a Grant Letter, mentioning the dates and the place of the event and the fixed amount of the Grant.
After the Training School, a ‘Payment Request Form’ mentioning the dates and the place of the event, the fixed amount of the Grant, and the banking information of the trainees must be signed by the trainees, in order for the payment to be processed.
Several grants are available for people who want to attend a training school as trainees according to the approved Work and Budget Plan for 2014/15- see link.